Festive Cheese Board
Olive Oil Spiced Pumpkin Seeds and Pumpkin Apple Chutney Accents
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2018 Pietro Family Cellars My Angelina White Wine, Napa Valley (Traditional white Bordeaux-style blend)
- Olive Oil Spiced Pumpkin Seeds (See Recipe)
- Pumpkin Apple Chutney (See Recipe)
Select various premium cheeses. These are our favorites from the U.S.:
- Fresh Cheese: Bellwether Farms Basket Ricotta Hand-Dipped Whole Milk Ricotta made in California. Alternative: Mozzarella. Accent with GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Infused Honey
- Soft Creamy Cheese: Foggy Morning 100% Fromage Blanc-style made with organic farmstead cow’s milk from Nicasio Valley Cheese Company in California. Alternative: Triple cream brie or goat cheese. Accent with Pumpkin Apple Chutney.
- Cheddar Cheese: Red Rock Orange from Wisconsin is cheddar that meets blue cheese in an epiphany of complementary colors. Alternative: A high quality white or orange cheddar. Accent with Olive Oil Spiced Pumpkin Seeds.
- Sheep’s Milk Cheese: Hidden Springs Creamery has a nutty, fruity, Manchego-style. Alternative: Manchego or Pecorino.
- Smoked Cheese: Oregon Blue from Rogue Creamery is cold smoked with Oregon hazelnuts. Alternative: Gouda or mozzarella.
- Firm Cheese: Gruyere. Alternative: Parmigiano Reggiano or Asiago
- Finishing touches: Crispy crackers, crostini, sliced baguette, breadsticks, etc.
- Prepare Olive Oil Spiced Pumpkin Seeds and Pumpkin Apple Chutney. (See Recipes)
- Cut cheeses in different shapes and sizes or leave in a block or wedge and add a small knife.
Garnish cheese board with beauty from the garden: herb sprigs, flowers, and greens.
Select from the following Foodie recipes to accent your cheeses:
- Spiced Olive-Orange Candied Almond Tapenade
- GC Napa Valley Spiced Kalamata Olives
- Orange Marjoram Candied Almonds