Jalapeño Olive Oil Spiced Roasted Pumpkin and Acorn Squash Seeds
These seeds make an addictively delicious snack for all pumpkin carvers
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: 7 (8) oz. servings
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 1 hour TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 10 minutes + Drying Time
- 2 cups fresh uncleaned pumpkin and squash seeds
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Jalapeño Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. GC Napa Valley Olive Spice Blend
- 1½ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Sage Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts or your favorite roasted nut
- Clean seeds: Put pumpkin and squash seeds in a bowl of cool water. Pinch away any flesh and strings and discard. Pour seeds into a colander and rinse. Shake colander to remove as much water as possible. Transfer seeds to a clean kitchen towel and pat dry. Allow seeds to air dry for a few hours or overnight.
- Sort through seeds and remove any broken or unusable seeds.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Whisk the following in a medium size bowl: Jalapeño Olive Oil, Olive Spice Blend and Sage Finishing Salt. Add the seeds and stir to evenly coat. Spread seeds on a parchment lined baking sheet in an even layer. Roast for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let completely cool.
Put roasted seeds and roasted peanuts in a serving bowl for all to enjoy.
- 1 jar 16 oz. dry roasted peanuts or your favorite roasted nut
- Raw pumpkin and squash seeds
- GC Napa Valley Natural Jalapeño Olive Oil
- GC Napa Valley Olive Spice Blend
- GC Napa Valley Natural Sage Finishing Sea Salt
- Parchment paper, 1 sheet