Fresh Squeezed Tomato Bloody Mary
Freshly squeezed ripe tomatoes create a refreshing version of this classic
with the finishing touch of Bloody Mary Rim Seasoning
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: (4) 7 oz. servings
PREP TIME: 20 minutes INACTIVE TIME: 6-48 hours TOTAL TIME: 6 hours 20 minutes
Tomato Leaf Infused Vodka Yield 1 cup (8 oz.)
- 1 cup fresh tomato leaves removed from stem, loosely packed, washed
- 1 cup vodka (8 oz.), your preference
Bloody Mary Cocktail
- 1 cup (8 oz.) tomato leaf infused vodka, strained
- 2 cups (16 oz.) tomato juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 3-4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tsp. Tabasco sauce, more if you prefer spicy
- 6 Tbsp. (3 oz.) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 12 ice cubes
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and cut into 4 spears, 4” long
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and cut into 4 sticks, 4” long x ⅔” width
- 1 lemon, halved crosswise, cut (4) ¼” thick slices and cut 2 wedges
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs 4” long or 4” skewers/picks
- 4 stuffed olives - garlic, blue cheese or jalapeño
- 4 Lavender Candied Bacon and/or optional Zesty Citrus Pickled Shrimp: See Recipe
- 2-3 Tbsp GC Napa Valley Rim Seasoning: Bloody Mary Mix
Lavender Candied Bacon
- 4 slices lean bacon, thick-cut
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Infused Honey
- 1-2 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Meat Rub Proprietary Blend
Tomato Leaf Infused Vodka
- Combine ingredients in a quart jar and seal with lid. Refrigerate 6-48 hours before using. It can keep 7 days refrigerated.
- Cucumber spears, celery sticks, lemon wheels.
- Create the Rosemary-Olive skewer by stripping leaves from the bottom half of a fresh 4” long rosemary sprig stem and then push the stem into the olive or use a skewer/toothpick.
Lavender Candied Bacon
- Brush a light coat of slightly heated Lavender Honey on both sides of bacon followed with a sprinkling of Meat Rub. Put bacon under broiler and broil 2 minutes each side or until honey browns.
- Combine all cocktail ingredients in a large plastic container with snap-on lid or a large stainless-steel cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously.
- Put Bloody Mary Rim Seasoning on a flat plate that is slightly larger than the diameter of the glasses. Moisten the rim of each glass by passing a lemon wedge quickly around the rim, then press firmly into the rim seasoning and twist. Set aside. Finish the remaining glasses.
Carefully pour the Fresh Squeezed Tomato Bloody Mary Cocktail into the center of the glasses; avoid hitting the seasoned rim. Place a cucumber spear, celery stick and Lavender Candied Bacon into the glass. Make a cut from the center of the lemon wheel to the edge. Slide the wheel over the rim. Lay the rosemary-olive sprig across the top of the glass.
Optional Additional Garnish: Hang a Zesty Citrus Pickled Shrimp on rim.
- Organic, farmers market, and garden grown products are preferred
- Tomato leaves, fresh, 1 cup needed
- 1 bottle 750 ml. vodka
- 3 lbs. ripe red tomatoes, heirloom preferred
- 2 lemons
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 jar stuffed olives, garlic, blue cheese or jalapeño
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs 4” long or 4 skewers/toothpicks
- 1 pkg. 12 oz. lean bacon, thick-cut
- 1 jar prepared horseradish
- 1 bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bottle Tabasco sauce
- GC Napa Valley Natural Meat Rub Proprietary Blend