We would like to share our recipe for Candied Lavender Bacon with you! Not only does our Culinary Director Bob Magnani prove that bacon goes with everything, he shows us how!
Recipe for Candied Lavender Bacon
- One pack thick cut bacon
- 2 Tbls GC Napa Valley Lavender Honey
- 2 Tbls GC Napa Valley Savory Popcorn Seasoning
- 2 Tbls GC Napa Valley Lavender Sugar
- 2 Tbls 2016 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate one package of thick cut bacon into individual strips and set aside
- In a mixing bowl wisk GC Napa Valley Lavender Honey, Lavender Sugar, Savory Popcorn Seasoning, and half of the 2016 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc in a medium sized bowl.
- Once incorporated, add the remaining wine and finish mixing
- Add bacon and coat each piece with mixture by hand move to parchment covered baking sheet and place on each piece leaving 1/4 inch space between pieces.
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minuets or until bacon has reached your desired level of crispness.
- Allow to cool.
- Take cooled Lavender Honey Bacon and serve by itself or add it top off your favorite sandwich. We recommend trying it on top of an open faced avocado toast (as demonstrated by Bob Magnani in our video above.)
2016 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
The imprint of family values is found in today’s PIETRO FAMILY CELLARS wines – make an authentic fine wine that is an honest expression of the grape and the soil at a price that allows frequent enjoyment with family and friends.