Gabrielle and Wayne O’Connell make Bloody Mary’s
Freshly squeezed ripe tomatoes create a refreshing version of this classic
SERVES: (4) 7 oz. servings
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
INACTIVE TIME: 6-48 hours
TOTAL TIME: 6 hours 20 minutes
Tomato Leaf Infused Vodka: Yield 1 cup (8 oz.)
- 1 cup fresh tomato leaves removed from stem, loosely packed, washed
- 1 cup vodka (8 oz.), your preference
Bloody Mary Cocktail
- 1 cup (8 oz.) tomato leaf infused vodka, strained
- 2 cups (16 oz.) tomato juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 3-4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tsp. Tabasco sauce, more if you prefer spicy
- 6 Tbsp. (3 oz.) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 12 ice cubes
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and cut into 4 spears, 4” long
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and cut into 4 sticks, 4” long x ⅔” width
- 1 lemon, halved crosswise, cut (4) ¼” thick slices and cut 2 wedges
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs 4” long or 4” skewers/picks
- 4 stuffed olives - garlic, blue cheese or jalapeño
- 4 Lavender Candied Bacon and/or optional Zesty Citrus Pickled Shrimp: See Recipe
- 2-3 Tbsp GC Napa Valley Rim Seasoning: Bloody Mary Mix or use 50/50 mix of GC Napa Valley Natural Tuscan Rosemary Finishing
- Sea Salt and GC Napa Valley Natural Meat Rub Proprietary Blend
Lavender Candied Bacon
- 4 slices lean bacon, thick-cut
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Infused Honey
- 1-2 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Meat Rub Proprietary Blend
- Prepare Tomato Leaf Infused Vodka: Combine ingredients in a quart jar and seal with lid. Refrigerate 6-48 hours before using. It can keep 7 days refrigerated.
- Prepare Bloody Mary Cocktail: To make tomato juice, hand squeeze tomatoes over a fine mesh sieve. Let juice drip from sieve for 15 minutes. Must yield 2 cups. Do not use a blender, as it creates a heavier textured juice. The remaining pulp makes a great pasta sauce.
- Prepare Cocktail Garnishes:
- Cucumber spears, celery sticks, lemon wheels.
- Create the Rosemary-Olive skewer by stripping leaves from the bottom half of a fresh 4” long rosemary sprig stem and then push the stem into the olive or use a skewer/toothpick.
- Prepare Lavender Candied Bacon: Brush a light coat of slightly heated Lavender Honey on both sides of bacon followed with a sprinkling of Meat Rub. Put bacon under broiler and broil 2 minutes each side or until honey browns.
- Prepare optional garnish: Zesty Citrus Pickled Shrimp.
- Combine all cocktail ingredients in a large plastic container with snap-on lid or a large stainless-steel cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously.
- Prepare Serving Glasses: Put Bloody Mary Rim Seasoning on a flat plate that is slightly larger than the diameter of the glasses. Moisten the rim of each glass by passing a lemon wedge quickly around the rim, then press firmly into the rim seasoning and twist. Set aside. Finish the remaining glasses.
Carefully pour the Fresh Squeezed Tomato Bloody Mary Cocktail into the center of the glasses; avoid hitting the seasoned rim. Place a cucumber spear, celery stick, and Lavender Candied Bacon into the glass. Make a cut from the center of the lemon wheel to the edge. Slide the wheel over the rim. Lay the rosemary-olive sprig across the top of the glass. Optional: Hang a Zesty Citrus Pickled Shrimp on rim. Shrimp recipe - Elizabeth create LINK.
- Tomato leaves, fresh, 1 cup needed
- 1 bottle 750 ml. vodka
- 3 lbs. ripe red tomatoes, heirloom preferred
- 2 lemons
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 jar stuffed olives, garlic, blue cheese or jalapeño
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs 4” long or 4 skewers/toothpicks
- 1 pkg. lean bacon, thick-cut
- Optional: Zesty Citrus Pickled Shrimp – See Recipe for ingredients
- 1 pouch GC Napa Valley Rim Seasoning: Bloody Mary Mix or use *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
- 1 jar prepared horseradish
- 1 bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bottle Tabasco sauce
- 1 jar GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Infused Honey
- *GC Napa Valley Natural Tuscan Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt
- *GC Napa Valley Natural Meat Rub Proprietary Blend