Zesty Citrus Pickled Shrimp
Accents Winter White Salad with Cilantro-Lemon Vinaigrette
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: 4-6 appetizer portions, 8-10 small plates
Wine Pairing: 2014 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 25 minutes COOKING TIME: 5 minutes TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes + 2 hours minimum pickling
- 9 cups water
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced then cut into ½” slices
- 2 Tbsp. sea salt
- 4 tsp. GC Napa Valley Fish Rub Proprietary Blend
- 1 lb. raw, shell-on, extra-large shrimp 26/30 or jumbo 21/25
- 4 cups cold water + 2 cups ice cubes
ZESTY CITRUS PICKLED SHRIMP MARINADE – Yield ¾ cup
- 5 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. green onion, white and green parts sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Infused Honey
- 3 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Jalapeño Olive Oil *
- 2 tsp. GC Napa Valley Fish Rub Proprietary Blend
- 1½ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Wild Fennel Finishing Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Tellicherry Pepper
- Blanch Shrimp (semi-cooks the shrimp): Heat 9 cups water per lb. of shrimp in a medium pot over high heat with the next three ingredients. Bring to a rolling boil. In the meantime, prepare ice bath: 4 cups cold water + 2 cups ice cubes.
- To the boiling water, add raw shrimp, give a slight stir, cook 2 minutes (do not overcook; shrimp will finish ‘cooking’ in the acidic pickling marinade.) Drain shrimp, put in ice bath. When cool, peel and devein.
- Citrus Pickling Marinade: Mix the ingredients in a stainless-steel or glass bowl. Add shrimp, stir to coat, refrigerate 2 hours minimum, stirring occasionally.
Citrus Pickling Marinade: Mix the ingredients in a stainless-steel or glass bowl. Add shrimp, stir to coat, refrigerate 2 hours minimum, stirring occasionally.
*Can substitute GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Olive Oil or Natural Buttery Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil + hot sauce to taste
▼ Click here to download the recipe card