Winter White Salad with Cilantro-Lemon Vinaigrette
Accented with Zesty Citrus Pickled Shrimp
It’s crisp, it’s fresh, it’s citrusy delicious!
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: 4-6 meal portions, 8-10 small plates
Wine Pairing: 2014 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 25 minutes TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
CILANTRO-LEMON VINAIGRETTE – Yield 1 cup
- 2 Tbsp. shallot, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed (can substitute parsley or herb blend)
- ½ cup GC Napa Valley Natural Buttery Proprietary Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2½ Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Infused Honey
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lime Finishing Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Tellicherry Pepper
WINTER WHITE SALAD
- 3 Belgian endive heads, sliced thin
- 1 lb. frisée heads (curly endive), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 celery stalks, sliced thin on the bias
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, sliced ¼” pieces, then diced
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese, large shavings ½”- 1” wide
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Tellicherry Pepper
- Cilantro-Lemon Vinaigrette: Put ingredients into a blender, blend until emulsified and allow to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a large bowl toss the endive and frisée together. Just before service dress the greens with the Cilantro- Lemon Vinaigrette ensuring a little dressing is on all leaves.
- In separate bowls put the sliced celery and dices apples.
- Using a potato peeler, make large shavings of Parmesan cheese.
Arrange dressed greens on a plate. Top with celery and apple. Garnish with Parmesan cheese shavings and sprinkling of Lemon Tellicherry Pepper. Arrange a few Zesty Citrus Pickled Shrimp on top of the Winter White Salad for a stunning presentation.
See Recipe: Zesty Citrus Pickled Shrimp
▼ Click here to download the recipe card