Pink Peppercorn Spiced Rhubarb-Strawberry Compote
Subtly tart and delicately sweet fruits embrace endless versatility
Recipe by: Gabrielle
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOKING TIME: 15 minutes REST TIME: 3 hours or overnight in refrigerator TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 large orange, freshly juiced, need 5 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Pinch ground ginger
- Pinch GC Napa Valley Natural Tarragon Pink Peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Marjoram Infused Honey
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Infused Honey
- 1/8 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Finishing Sea Salt
- Optional garnish: Citrus Sugar Whipped Cream
- Optional accompaniment: Angel food cake or pound cake
- Combine all compote ingredients except the Tarragon Pink Peppercorns and Lemon Finishing Sea Salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cover and gently simmer 5 minutes. Remove lid and continue simmering for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour into a mixing bowl. Add the Tarragon Pink Peppercorns and Lemon Finishing Sea Salt.
- Use a potato masher to mash the fruit into a smoother consistency. Taste compote. Add more honey if too tart.
- Allow compote to cool. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Serve the Rhubarb-Strawberry Compote cold, warm or at room temperature. We love it on top of angel food cake or pound cake, but other options are vast; try with scones, muffins, shortcake, cheesecake, ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt, pancakes, waffles, French toast, oatmeal, yogurt, granola, custard, or lady fingers. Fill a crepe, add to a smoothie, or mix with whipped cream. YUM!!!
Try this recipe with our Citrus Sugar Whipped Cream HERE
- 1 lb. fresh rhubar
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1 large orange
- 1 jar ground ginger
- Optional accompaniment: angel food cake or pound cake
- Unsalted butter