Gouda Mashed Potatoes
The perfect side for an entree, our Gouda mashed potatoes are rich, creamy and a dream paired with a great steak.
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 Lb. Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 Cup Gouda, grated
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp.Unsalted Butter
- 1 – 2 Tbs. Kosher Sea Salt
- Add potatoes to a large pot and fill with water about 2/3 of the way so that all potatoes are covered. Add about 1 – 2 Tbs. Kosher Sea Salt, so the water tastes ͞salty͟.
- Bring water to boil and cook potatoes until fork tender approximately 15 minutes.
- Once potatoes are done strain in a colander to drain then place back in pot on low heat to dry out potatoes stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, heat 1 cup heavy cream, 2 tbsp. butter and grated Gouda on low heat until butter and Gouda are melted.
- Using a whisk, add cream mixture to potatoes whisking until potatoes are smooth and creamy.
Pair with an entree of your choice. We recommend our Seared Filet Mignon with Cabernet Pan Sauce served with a side of our Broccoli
- 2 Lb. Russet potatoes
- 1/2 Pint heavy cream (needed 1/2 cup)
- 1 Block of Gouda cheese (needed 1 cup grated)
- Kosher salt (1-2 Tbs. needed)