Gouda Mashed Potatoes
The perfect side for an entree, our Gouda mashed potatoes are rich, creamy and a dream paired with a great steak.
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 Lb. Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 Cup Gouda, grated
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp.Unsalted Butter
- 1 – 2 Tbs. Kosher Sea Salt
- Add potatoes to a large pot and fill with water about 2/3 of the way so that all potatoes are covered. Add about 1 – 2 Tbs. Kosher Sea Salt, so the water tastes ͞salty͟.
- Bring water to boil and cook potatoes until fork tender approximately 15 minutes.
- Once potatoes are done strain in a colander to drain then place back in pot on low heat to dry out potatoes stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, heat 1 cup heavy cream, 2 tbsp. butter and grated Gouda on low heat until butter and Gouda are melted.
- Using a whisk, add cream mixture to potatoes whisking until potatoes are smooth and creamy.
- 2 Lb. Russet potatoes
- 1/2 Pint heavy cream (needed 1/2 cup)
- 1 Block of Gouda cheese (needed 1 cup grated)
- Kosher salt (1-2 Tbs. needed)