Whole Leaf Broccolini
A slightly bitter but rich flavor makes this an ideal match with grilled steaks & roasts
Recipe by: Gabrielle
- 2 bunches of whole leaf broccolini (substitute with the spears if not available)
- ¼ Cup GC Napa Valley Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons GC Napa Valley Savory Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ½ Tsp. GC Napa Valley Rosemary Sea Salt
- Fill large bowl with ice and water (ice bath)
- In a medium pot, fill water half way adding 1 Tbsp. kosher sea salt and boi
- Add broccolini to boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Drain immediately using a colander and place broccolini in ice bath for 2 minutes to stop the cooking process. (Also, to retain bright green color) Then drain water using a colander.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in a sauté pan on medium heat, add 2 garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broccolini and cook for 2 minutes until heated through.
- Finish with Lemon Olive Oil and Rosemary Sea Salt.
Place on serving platter and drizzle with ¼ Cup GC Napa Valley Lemon Olive Oil . Finish with a ½ Tsp. GC Napa Valley Rosemary Sea Salt. This dish is pairs well with our Pan Seared Filet Mignon with a Cabernet Sauvignon Pan Sauce.
- 1 Lb. Broccolini (1 bunch)
- 1 Head of garlic (2 cloves needed)
- Kosher sea salt (1 Tbsp. needed)
- GC Napa Valley Lemon Olive Oil (1/4 cup needed)
- GC Napa Valley Rosemary Sea Salt (1/2 Tsp. needed)