Warm New Potato Salad
With Sautéed Beet Stalks and Spring Onions
Dressed in a Sauvignon Blanc–Lemon Olive Oil Vinaigrette with Provencal Herbs
Recipe by: Gabrielle
PREP TIME: 20 minutes COOKING TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
Sauvignon Blanc-Lemon Olive Oil Vinaigrette with Provencal Herb
- ½ cup GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Olive Oil 250ml.
- ¼ cup 2014 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp. GC Napa Valley Organic Provencal Mixed Herbs
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Pink Himalayan Citrus Finishing Salt
- 1½ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Tarragon Pink Peppercorns
New Potato Salad
- 8 spring onions (green onions/scallions)
- 1 cup red beet stalks, washed and trimmed, cut on bias ¼” thick, optional
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled, trimmed and minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Finishing Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. GC Napa GC Napa Valley Natural Tarragon Pink Peppercorns
- 2½ lbs. white new potatoes, washed and peeled, cubed ¾”- 1”, about 6 cups
- 4 large Swiss chard leaves, washed and dried
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Olive Oil
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl, whisk well and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut the spring onion green tops on a bias ¼” thick and reserve 5 Tbsp. Thinly slice the remaining white part of the spring onions and set aside.
- Heat butter and all-purpose Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the white part of the spring onion and beet stems. Cook 4 minutes then add minced garlic and remaining green onion tops. Cook until beets stems are tender. Remove from heat and sprinkle with ½ tsp. Lemon Finishing Sea Salt and 1/8 tsp. Tarragon Pink Peppercorns.
- Prepare a pot with 1½” water and steamer basket. Steam potatoes just until tender, 6-9 minutes; do not overcook. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl, let cool for 2 minutes, then add the onion-beet-garlic mixture. Pour vinaigrette over the warm potatoes and very gently mix. Let sit 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature
On a barrel stave platter or large serving plate, arrange the 4 large Swiss chard leaves overlapping. Note: If using the barrel stave platter, place a layer of plastic wrap under the Swiss chard leaves to catch any of the vinaigrette. Place the potato salad on top the leaves, garnish with the remaining 3 Tbsp. green onion tops and drizzle of Lemon Olive Oil.
- 1 bottle rice wine vinegar
- 1 jar whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch green onions
- Red beet stalks (reserved from red beets), optional
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2½ lbs. white new potatoes
- 1 bunch large Swiss chard leaves
- Unsalted butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, all purpose