Steaming Lavender Citrus Apple Cider Tea
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: 7 (8) oz. servings
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 1½ cups distilled or filtered water
- 3 Earl Grey tea bags or brew loose leaf tea
- 2 cinnamon stick, 3” long
- 6 cups apple cider, unfiltered
- 4 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Infused Honey
- 1 orange, slice into 5 rounds ¼” thick slices, then halve
- 1 pouch 6 oz. GC Napa Valley Natural Citrus Rim Sugar
- Optional: 2/3 cup bourbon, good quality (1½ Tbsp. each 8 oz. glass)
- Heat water to boiling. Pour over tea bags and cinnamon sticks. Steep 5 minutes then remove tea bags.
- Add steeped tea, cinnamon sticks and apple cider to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add Lavender Honey and 2 orange slice halves. Bring to a gentle simmer, not a boil. Remove from heat. Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare serving glasses: Select clear Irish coffee glasses or plain white mugs. Mound Citrus Rim Sugar on a flat plate or in a bowl that is a larger diameter than the glasses. Moisten the rim of each glass with the remainder of the orange then dip firmly into the sugar once or twice. Set aside.
Using a funnel, carefully pour the Steaming Lavender Honey Apple Cider Tea into the center of each glass. Avoid hitting the sugared rim. Float half an orange slice. For an adult beverage, add 1½ Tbsp. good quality bourbon to each 8 oz. serving.
- 1 bottle 16 fl. oz. distilled or filtered water
- 1 box Earl Grey tea bags (need 3 tea bags) or use loose leaf tea
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 3” long
- ½ gallon apple cider, unfiltered, prefer organic
- 1 orange
- Optional: 1 bottle 375 ml. bourbon, good quality