St. Patrick’s Day Wine Cocktail
A great green drink to celebrate a great green day!
Recipe by: Gabrielle
PREP TIME: 15 minutes COOK/STEEP TIME: 60 minutes TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 lemon, sliced into ¼” thick wheels
Basil Simple Syrup
- 4 oz. (½ cup) distilled or filtered water
- 4 oz. (½ cup) granulated white sugar
- 20 fresh basil leaves
Cocktail Glass & Cocktail
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Rim Seasoning: Tuscan Rosemary Matcha
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 2012 CE Cellars Levity Sauvignon Blanc
- 1½ oz. (3 Tbsp.) basil simple syrup
- 1½ oz. (3 Tbsp.) lemon juice, fresh
- 4 pasteurized large egg whites or 10-12 dashes Fee Brother’s Fee Foam
- 12 ice cubes, medium size
- 1 pinch matcha green tea powder
- Prepare Dehydrated Lemon: Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Place a wire cooling rack on a baking sheet. Arrange lemon slices on wire rack in a single layer. Bake until crisp, about 40 minutes.
- Prepare Basil Syrup: In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Add basil leaves, stir, remove from heat and steep for 1 hour. Strain, discard basil leaves, let simple syrup cool then refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
- Prepare Cocktail Glasses: Pour Rosemary Matcha Rim Seasoning on a flat plate. Rub a lemon wedge around rim of cocktail glass to moisten, then dip firmly into rim seasoning once or twice to coat. Set aside.
- Prepare St. Patrick’s Day Wine Cocktail: Combine Levity Sauvignon Blanc, basil simple syrup, lemon juice, and Fee Foam in a cocktail shaker without ice. (A cocktail shaker holds 12-18 ounces. Alternative: quart glass mason jar with lid). Wrap shaker in a kitchen towel. Shake ten shakes (dry shake) to whisk the egg white/Fee Foam into a thick froth. Note: Egg whites expand when shaken and the towel catches any escaping liquid. Add ice cubes, close shaker and shake ten shakes to cool down cocktail.
Strain equal parts of cocktail from shaker into prepared glasses; avoid hitting the rim seasoning. Be sure to shake out all foam from the ice. Dust top of cocktail with a pinch of matcha powder. Float a dehydrated lemon wheel in the cocktail. Sip, savor and enjoy!
- 3 lemons
- 1 bottle 16 fl. oz. distilled or filtered water
- 4 oz. granulated white sugar
- 1 bunch of basil leaves (20 leaves needed)
- 1 bottle 2012 CE Cellars Levity Sauvignon Blanc, Mendocino
- ½ dozen pasteurized large eggs or 5 oz. bottle Fee Brothers Fee Foam
- 1 pkg./tin 1-2 oz. matcha green tea powder