Spring Butter Lettuce Salad
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Pietro Family Cellars My Angelina Oak Knoll District Napa Valley 2014
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 Head butter lettuce - Large
- 1 Bunch red or heirloom radish
- 1 Bunch asparagus (medium diameter) approximately 10 oz.
- 3 Tsp. Fresh chives thinly sliced
- 1 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Clove fresh garlic minced
- ¼ Cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tsp. fresh savory herb
- 1 Tsp. GC NAPA VALLEY Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- Slice roots off head of lettuce leaving leaves intact. Wash in cold water and pat dry on paper towels.
- Chop off green tops of radishes and discard. Wash radish under cold water, then cut into quarters. Set aside.
- Cut off hard bottom (about 2”) of asparagus and discard.
- Wash stalk under cold water. Cut on an angle 1 in. long, and set aside.
- Put all dressing ingredients into blender and blend together until combined (approximately 2 min).
In a salad bowl, toss all ingredients with salad dressing. Finish with sliced chives sprinkled over top.
▼ Click here to download the recipe card