Spring Asparagus Salad with Farm Fresh Egg & Prosciutto
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2014 Pietro Family Cellars Chardonnay, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes COOKING TIME: 15 Minutes TOTAL TIME: 35 Minutes
- 1 Bunch Medium Asparagus (1 ½ pounds) trimmed
- 3 Large Eggs (organic cage-free)
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced, rings separated
- 6-8 Slices Prosciutto cut in half
- 4 Oz. Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ¼ Cup Champagne vinegar
- ¾ Cup GC Napa Valley Orange Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tsp. Fresh tarragon minced
- 1 Clove garlic - fresh, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Orange Honey (Foodie Exclusive)
- ½ Tsp. GC Napa Valley Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Orange Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, add 4 cups water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Place eggs in boiling water for 7 minutes, once done rinse eggs with cold water for one minute. Peel shell once cool to touch.
- Wash and oil asparagus. Place asparagus on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. -
- Peel and slice shallots in to rings to top salad.
- Add Champagne vinegar, Extra Virgin Buttery Olive Oil, Dijon mustard, tarragon, Orange Honey, garlic, Lavender Tellicherry Pepper, and Chardonnay Sea Salt in a blender and blend until creamy.
Cut eggs in half, arrange asparagus and eggs in an abstract design on a medium platter, top with shallot, and prosciutto. Drizzle dressing over salad and add shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese over top for more depth in flavors!
▼ Click here to download the recipe card