Smoked Gouda Stuffed Cabernet Meatballs
Serves: 4 - 6. Makes 30 meatballs.
Wine Pairing: 2012 Gabrielle Collection Juxtaposition
Preparation Time: 30 minutes. Cooking Time: 20 minutes. Total Time: 50 minutes.
- 1 Bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 2 Ounces. Smoked Gouda
- 2 Eggs, whole
- ½ Onion, small dice
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tsp. chopped flat leaf parsley, fresh
- 1 Cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Rosemary Leaves (finely chopped or ground)
- Preheat oven to 430 degrees
- Open bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and pour bottle into pot and bring to a boil then simmer for 20-30 minutes reducing wine to 1/3 cup. Set aside and let cool.
- Peel and chop ½ onion in to small cubes (approximately ¼ inch)
- Peel and mince garlic (approximately 2 Tsp.)
- Wash and chop parsley leaves (approximately 2 Tsp.)
- Add ground beef to a large mixing bowl then add (cooled) Cabernet reduction, onions, garlic, Dijon, eggs, ½ cup panko bread crumbs (save rest for later), and parsley then mix together until combined.
- Cut smoked gouda in small cubes. Approximately ¼ inch cube. You will need a bunch, some to stuff your meatballs and some to nibble on.
- Take a table spoon of your meat mixture and place in the palm of your hand. Make an indent with your thumb, place cheese in the indentation and roll in to a ball (golf ball size). Repeat this until all your meat balls are rolled.
- Once your meatballs are rolled, toss in ¼ cup GCNV Extra Virgin Savory Olive Oil then add GCNV Rosemary Leaves (Either finely chopped for texture or ground) to remaining bread crumbs and toss meat balls in bread crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper and bake for 8 minutes.
Arrange your meatballs on your favorite serving platter with tooth picks for your guests to enjoy!