Savory Olive Oil Grilled Hearts of Romaine
A twist on our favorite lettuce offers a touch of smokiness with Cocoa Dusted Orange Salted Pistachios
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2016 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 4-8 minutes TOTAL TIME: 18 minutes
- 2-3 medium-size whole romaine lettuce hearts, washed and dried
- 4-6 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Savory Proprietary Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-6 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Olive Oil
- 4-6 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Vinegar Cabernet Sauvignon
- 4-6 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Infused Honey
- 4-6 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt
- 4-6 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Tarragon Pink Peppercorn
- 4-6 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds (arils)
- 2 oz. GC Napa Valley Natural Cocoa Dusted Orange Salted Pistachios
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Alternative: Preheat a dry sauté pan or grill pan over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Halve each Romain heart lengthwise through the stem so the leaves remain intact.
- Brush each side with ½ Tbsp. Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Place cut-side down, cook until slightly grilled but still firm to maintain its crunch, 2-4 minutes each side.
For Deconstructed Dressing
- Place romaine hearts cut-side up on platter or individual plates and drizzle or sprinkle the ‘deconstructed dressing’ ingredients as follows (you may vary the amount of each ingredient based on personal preferences):
- Lemon Olive Oil: 1 Tbsp. per serving
- Cabernet Sauvignon Vinegar: 1 Tbsp. per serving
- Orange Infused Honey: 1 Tbsp. per serving
- Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt: 1 tsp. per serving
- Tarragon Pink Peppercorn: 1 tsp. per serving
- Pomegranate seeds (arils): 1 Tbsp. per serving (see FOODIE TECHNIQUES IN THE KITCHEN: How to Deseed a Pomegranate)
- Cocoa Dusted Orange Salted Pistachios: 1 Tbsp. per serving
Arrange romaine hearts on a pottery platter, our handcrafted Barrel Stave Platter or place on individual salad plates. Serve immediately while warm.