Salted Radish Sandwich with Citrus Herb Butter Smear
Orange Olive Oil with a sprinkle of Citrus Herb Seasoning takes each bite over the top!
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2016 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County
PREP TIME: 10 minutes REST TIME: 30 minutes TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (1½ sticks=12 Tbsp.), room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. chives, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, finely minced
- 12 radishes, washed and trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Olive Oil
- 12 slices ¼” thick crusty sourdough bread*
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Citrus Herb Seasoning (Foodie Exclusive)
- 1 oz. microgreens
- *Can also use a baguette, sliced diagonally ¼” thick or pumpernickel bread
- Prepare Citrus Herb Butter: Put softened butter in a bowl. Stir in lemon zest, chives and parsley. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Slice radishes thinly, ⅛” thick. Place in a second bowl. Add 1 Tbsp. Orange Olive Oil and gently mix. Add more Orange Olive Oil as needed just to coat the radish slices.
- Spread Citrus Herb Butter generously on one side of each piece of bread. Top 6 of the bread pieces with plenty of radish slices. Sprinkle to taste with Citrus Herb Seasoning followed by a garnish of microgreens. Top with the second piece of bread, butter side down. Gently press.
Serve Radish Sandwiches whole or cut in half diagonally or cut into smaller portions for hors d’ oeuvres.▼ Click here to download the recipe card