Sage Salted Butter Baby Potatoes with a Sprinkle of Lemon Tellicherry Pepper
A ‘savory’ simple side dish
Recipe by: Gabrielle
PREP TIME: 5 minutes COOK TIME: 30 minutes TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 18 small potatoes (2 lbs.) scrubbed, such as Yukon Gold, Red Bliss, or heirloom varieties, 1½”diameter
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Savory Proprietary Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. + 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Sage Finishing Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. + ¼ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Tellicherry Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives or green onion tops, thinly sliced
- Place potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover by 1”. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat and gently boil potatoes until easily pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes.
- Melt unsalted butter in a small pan with 1 tsp. Sage Finishing Sea Salt and ¼ tsp. Lemon Tellicherry Pepper. Remove from heat and allow the salt and pepper to season the butter.
- Drain potatoes and let dry in the pan
- Warm the seasoned butter.
Place hot potatoes in a single layer on a serving platter. Liberally brush each potato on all sides with seasoned butter. Using a serving fork, press down gently on each potato to crack open slightly. Generously drizzle Savory Olive Oil, allowing the oil to penetrate the potato. Season to taste with 1 Tbsp. Sage Finishing Sea Salt and ¼ tsp. Lemon Tellicherry Pepper. Garnish with chives or green onion.
- 18 small potatoes (2 lbs.) such as Yukon Gold, Red Bliss, or heirloom varieties, 1½” diameter
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small bunch chives or green onions