Rosemary Lemon Palmier
Makes 24 Cookies
Wine Pairing: Wine Pairing: 2013 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 2 Oz. GC Napa Valley Meyer Lemon Honey
- 1 ½ Oz. GC Napa Valley Rosemary Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make sure the puff pastry is properly thawed out, if still sticky place back in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. The puff pastry should be refrigerator temperature.
- Lay out puff pastry sheet on flat dry surface and roll out to a square shape.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of GCNV Rosemary Sugar onto the sheet and gently roll the GCNV Rosemary Sugar into the puff pastry. Carefully flip and repeat on the other side
- For perfect heart shaped presentation, evenly fold the edges to the center to eventually have one line of multi-layer puff pastry. Place back in fridge for 10 minutes so butter can solidify, makes cutting easier.
- Evenly slice cookies to 3/8-inch pieces. Lay cookies flat on a parchment lined baking sheet about two inches apart as they will puff.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, and bake for about five more minutes. Keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
- Remove when perfectly golden brown and immediately place on a wire rack to cool.
- Heat GCNV Meyer Lemon Honey to a spreadable consistency.
- Paint the GCNV Meyer Lemon Honey onto the cookies for a citrus twist on a beautiful treat!
Serve with one of your favorite Holiday dish and enjoy!
- I package of pre-made Puff Pastry