Roasted Fig and Prosciutto Puff Pastry
A magical combination of delicate sweet fruit and savory salty ham
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2010 CE Cellars Bash Red Wine, Sonoma County
PREP TIME: 20 minutes COOKING TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 1 puff pastry sheet, preferably Pepperidge Farm brand
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shaved
- 6 slices prosciutto, cut into 2”x 2” pieces
- 6 figs, fresh, stems trimmed, sliced into 1/8” pieces
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Organic Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Tuscan Rosemary Infused Honey
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Tuscan Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt
- Garnish: 3 rosemary sprigs
- Thaw puff pastry in refrigerator until pliable.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and sprinkle with 1 tsp. flour to prevent puff pastry from sticking. Carefully unroll puff pastry, place on baking sheet and smooth out. Using a sharp paring knife, score a ½” border around the perimeter of the pastry, being careful not to cut all the way through. Using a fork, prick pastry all over staying inside the border. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Shave Gruyere cheese with a potato peeler. On top of puff pastry put ½ cup layer of cheese, then prosciutto pieces, arrange sliced figs on top of the prosciutto, and top with ½ cup cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted with golden brown edges.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle with Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then Tuscan Rosemary Infused Honey and sprinkle with Tuscan Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt.
Cut Fig and Prosciutto Puff Pastry into 2”x 2” squares, arrange on serving platter, garnish with rosemary sprigs
- 1 box 17.3 oz. Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry or other comparable
- 1 block 6 oz. Gruyere cheese
- 1 pkg. 3-4 oz. prosciutto, sliced
- 6 Black Mission figs, or any fig available at local Farmers Market
- Garnish: 3 rosemary sprigs, fresh
- FROM YOUR PANTRY All-purpose flour and Parchment paper