Roast Leg of Lamb with Rhubarb, Date, and Golden Raisin Chutney
Makes 4 cups
- 1 lb rhubarb, rinsed, ends trimmed, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup dates, pits removed, chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- ½ an onion diced
- ½ cup GC Ultra Premium Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup GC Wild Honey Infused with Provance Lavender
- 2-3 pinches of the GC Cabernet Sauvignon Finishing Sea Salt
- 1/2 the juice of an orange plus 1/2 tbsp grated zest
- cayenne for a kick
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- GC Meat Rub
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- As the oven heats, prepare all the ingredients for the chutney.
- Once the oven is heated and ready to go brush the outside of the lamb leg with olive oil and rub a thin layer of the GC Meat Rub over the entire roast.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan and cook for an hour and a half (around 20 minutes per pound) basting the roast with drippings from the pan every twenty minutes or so.
- From here, test the meat with a thermometer until desired temperature is reached (145 degrees if you prefer medium rare).
- Bring out of the oven and let the roast rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- FOR THE CHUTNEY:
- In a non reactive sauce pan bring the onion and the GC Ultra Premium Red Wine Vinegar to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer and let simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the orange juice, orange zest, grated ginger, rhubarb, and two dashes of cayenne.
- Bring back to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped dates, golden raisins, GC Wild Honey Infused with Provance Lavender, GC Cabernet Sauvignon Finishing Sea Salt, with an extra pinch of GC Meat Rub and let simmer until the lamb is done roasting allowing all the moisture to boil down.
What is left is a tangy, sweet, deep chutney. Enjoy!