Refreshing Watermelon Accented with Savory Goat Cheese, Mint and Orange Sea Salt
The crunch of the watermelon, the richness of the goat cheese plus the savory salt sweet combination creates the perfect harmony your guests will love.
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: 4-6- (15 pieces)
Wine Pairing: White Peach Sauvignon Blanc Sangria
PREP TIME: 15-20 minutes COOKING TIME: None
- 15 Pieces seedless watermelon cut in 1” cubes
- 1/3- 1/2 Cup goat cheese
- 15 Mint leaves, washed and dried
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Orange Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- Wash watermelon
- With a sharp knife, cut the water melon into half. Cut one half into 1” thick slices and cut away the green rind, leaving only a red delicious watermelon fruit.
- Cut watermelon fruit in 1” cubes. Remove any seeds.
- Top watermelon cube with a ½ teaspoon of goat cheese. Top with small fresh mint leaf.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of Lavender Tellicherry Pepper and Orange Finishing Sea Salt.
Place toothpick through watermelon. Arrange on decorative plate and garnish with mint sprig.
if you love to cook, make a first course sandwich presentation: cut watermelon into 1 ½” to 2” cubes. Cut each cube in half. Spread ½ teaspoon goat cheese on lower half, add small fresh mint leaf. Place second watermelon cube half on top. Put another ½ teaspoon goat cheese on top. Add second mint leaf.
Serve immediately! The goat cheese and watermelon juice will begin to run and impact your presentation.
- 1 Small seedless watermelon
- 6 Oz. piece goat cheese
- 1 bunch Fresh mint leaves
- 1 box Toothpicks