Orange Pistachio Pesto
Recipe by: Gabrielle
YIELD: 1 cup
Wine Pairing: Gabrielle Collection Vertex Red Cuvée Red Wine Blend 620, California
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 5 minutes TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
- ½ cup unsalted pistachios, shelled and roasted
- 2 cups basil, chopped (substitute baby spinach or arugula)
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Sage Green Peppercorn
- ¼ cup GC Napa Valley Natural Basil Olive Oil
- ¼ cup GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Olive Oil
- Put pistachios, basil, Orange Finishing Sea Salt, and Sage Green Peppercorn in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times. Scrape down sides and repeat.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add Basil Olive Oil and Orange Olive Oil. Process pesto to desired texture.
Place Orange Pistachio Pesto in a white bowl. Spread Pesto on crostini, baguettes, crackers, and cheese pieces such as Jarlsberg, Parmesan and Pecorino. Use as a vegetable dip for bell peppers (red, orange, yellow), cucumbers and carrot sticks.
- 2 oz. unsalted pistachios, shelled and roasted
- 2 bunches fresh basil (substitute baby spinach or arugula)