My Angelina White Wine Poached Yellow Peaches
Refreshing elegant dessert
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2014 Pietro Family Cellars My Angelia White Wine, Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes COOKING TIME: 10 Minutes TOTAL TIME: 25 Minutes
- 1 Cup Pietro Family Cellars My Angelia (substitute dry white wine)
- 2-3 Yellow peaches halved and seeded
- 1 Eureka lemon, juice, and zest
- 1 Orange, zest only
- 3 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Orange Honey (Foodie Club Exclusive)
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Lavender Sugar
- 1-2 Star Anise
- 4-6 Mint sprigs for garnish
- In a medium sauce pan, bring My Angelina and 2 cups of water to a simmer over medium/high heat.
- Add Lavender Sugar, lemon juice, Orange Honey, and star anise to sauce pan. Once Lavender Sugar is dissolved, add the peaches. Poach in liquid for 10 minutes until fork tender. Remove peaches from liquid to let cool, then peel off skin.
- Bring poaching liquid to a boil and reduce liquid by half. Once reduced, let cool for 10 minutes and pour over peaches, refrigerate until cool.
Place peach halves in a small white serving dish, pour reduced poaching sauce over peaches. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprig of mint!
- 2-3 Peaches - fresh
- 1 Eureka lemon
- 1 Orange
- 1 Bunch of mint - fresh