Lemon Olive Oil-Green Onion Couscous
An ideal accompaniment to any entrée
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: 4-6 YIELD: 6 cups
PREP TIME: 5 minutes COOKING TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 green onions, white stalk and green leaf thinly sliced
- 1¾ cup chicken or vegetable broth, organic low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Olive Oil + 1-2 Tbsp.
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Finishing Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- 1½ cups medium couscous (10 oz.)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Reserve 1 Tbsp. green onion leaf for garnish. Add green onions and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, 1 Tbsp. Lemon Olive Oil, Lemon Finishing Sea Salt and Lavender Tellicherry Pepper. Bring to a boil, stir in couscous to evenly moisten, cover saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat. Let couscous steam for 5 minutes without removing lid.
- Fluff with fork, breaking up any clumps. If couscous has not absorbed all the liquid or still tastes a little crunchy, cover and let sit for a few more minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Drizzle with 1-2 Tbsp. Lemon Olive Oil and fluff.
Serve as a side dish with meats, poultry and fish. Accent with a sprinkle of fresh green onions. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 1 lb. unsalted butter, need 1 oz.
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 box 16 fl. oz. chicken or vegetable broth, organic low sodium
- 10 oz. medium couscous