Lavender Shortbread Cookies
Wine Pairing: 2013 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc
Prep: 20 Minutes Resting time: 30 minutes Cooking: 20 minutes Total time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 ½ Cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 Cup GC Napa Valley Lavender sugar
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Lavender kernels, finely chopped
- 2 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon GC Napa Valley Lavender Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, GCNV Lavender Sugar with an electric mixer. Mix for three minutes until fluffy and light in color.
- Add flour, cornstarch, and GCNV Lavender Sea Salt, and GCNV Lavender Flowers to mixing bowl and mix until combined
- Form dough into a ball, divide ball in half then wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until dough is firm.
- On a floured counter, roll dough into ¼ inch thickness. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter then place in parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 20 minutes until cookies are pale golden.
Plate on a large serving dish and enjoy!
- Corn Starch
- 1 Lb. Unsalted Butter