Tangy lemons paired with aromatic lavender creates an irresistible summer thirst-quencher
Recipe by: Gabrielle
- 7 cups distilled or purified water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (1.5 oz.) Pouch GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Wild Honey Infused with Provence Lavender
- 1 (1.5 oz.) Pouch GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Flowers
- 10-12 Eureka lemons, large
- Garnish per glass: 1 sprig fresh Provencal lavender
- Garnish per glass: 1 lemon slice
- Ice cubes
- Put 3 cups water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add Wild Honey Infused with Provence Lavender and Lavender Flowers to the hot liquid. Steep for 30 minutes. Pour liquid through a strainer into 2 quart pitcher. Discard lavender kernels from strainer.
- Squeeze 1 1/2 cups juice from 10 Eureka lemons and add to pitcher. Retain peel from 1 lemon.
- Prepare lemon peel: Slice 1 lemon peel into two ½” thick rings. Cut rings in half and cut the pulp off the peel, so two long thin strips of peel remain. Cut peel into 1” long pieces and add to pitcher.
- Add 4 cups distilled water to pitcher and refrigerate until chilled.
- . Optional garnish for glasses: Cut 1 lemon into 8 slices.
Cut 1 lemon into slices (do not use the ends) and add to pitcher. If available, add1 fresh lavender sprig to lemonade.
Pour lemonade into mason jars half-filled with ice cubes. Add a lavender colored drinking straw.
- 1 gallon distilled or purified water (to avoid chlorine taste)
- 12 Eureka lemons, large
- Optional: 1 bunch Provence lavender, fresh (in season from June-mid August)