Lavender Honey Citrus Chutney
This vibrant chutney takes meats and poultry to a new level…or is a sassy condiment to cheese plates
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Pietro Family Cellars Chardonnay Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley 2014.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOKING TIME: 45-60 minutes TOTAL TIME: 1 hr. 10 minutes
- 1 Navel orange, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 1 Eureka lemon, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 2 Meyer lemons, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, diced
- ½ Cup Rice wine vinegar
- ¾ Cup GC Napa Valley Lavender Infused Honey
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ginger, fresh, minced
- Place a small dish into the freezer.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot adding 2 ½ cups of water then bring to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, continue boiling for 2 minutes then decrease heat to a low simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 45 minutes, remove dish from freezer and place 1 teaspoon of chutney on the plate, return to freezer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, check the consistency. If the chutney is still runny, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Once chutney is done, cool to room temperature before refrigerating. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Citrus Chutney brightens meats, poultry, or cheeses.
- Meat & Poultry Condiment: Place a spoonful on top of roasted or grilled lamb, chicken, or pork. The citrus perfectly accents the juicy fats of the meats.
- Appetizer: Bake Brie cheese until soft. Spread Citrus Chutney on a piece of toast, add a slice of soft warm Brie cheese. Yum!!!
- Cheese plate: Select your favorite assortment of cheeses- we love the combination of Jarlsberg, Parmigiano Reggiano, and aged goat. Arrange cheese on a wooden platter and add condiments either directly on platter or in small bowls: Citrus Chutney, Lavender Honey Almonds, Spiced Olives. Elegant. Tasty!
- 1 Navel orange
- 1 Eureka lemon
- 2 Meyer lemons
- 1 Yellow onion, medium
- 1 Bottle Rice wine vinegar
- 1” Piece Ginger, fresh