KIR IMPÉRIAL – FRENCH SPARKLING WINE COCKTAIL
Pietro Family Cellars Brut Sparkling, married with French black raspberry liqueur, brings sophistication to any celebration
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Pietro Family Cellars Brut Sparkling
PREP TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 lemon for 6 lemon twists, optional glass garnish
- 6 Tbsp. (3 fl. oz.) Chambord, French black raspberry liqueur, chilled
- 1 bottle Pietro Family Cellars Brut Sparkling NV, California, chilled
- Prepare Lemon Twists: Slice off both ends of the lemon, exposing the flesh. Slice six rings ¼” thick. Make a cut through one side of the peel all the way to the white pith on the other side, being careful NOT to cut the ring in half. Cut the lemon flesh off the white pith, creating a long lemon peel strip. Carefully cut away most of the white pith from the peel. Twist the peel into a corkscrew shape or wrap peel around a clean finger. (Foodie Tip: To hold the corkscrew shape of the peel, secure with a vinyl-coated paper clip; remove the paperclip before garnishing the glass.) Repeat procedure to make five more lemon twists.
- Prepare Kir Impérial Cocktail: Add 1 Tbsp. (½ fl. oz.) Chambord to each champagne flute.
- Tilt flute to a 45-degree angle. Slowly pour 3-4 fl. oz. Pietro Family Cellars Brut Sparkling down the side of the glass. This pouring method minimizes foaming. Fill the remaining flutes.
Garnish each champagne flute rim with one lemon twist. Serve Kir Impérial immediately. Raise your glass and toast with the French phrase, “À vôtre santé,” meaning ‘to your health,’ similar to “Cheers”!
- 1 lemon, optional glass garnish
- 1 bottle 375 ml (12.68 fl. oz.) or larger Chambord, French black raspberry liqueur
- 1 bottle Pietro Family Cellars Brut Sparkling NV, California