Kale Citrus Salad with Jalapeño-Orange Vinaigrette
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2016 Pietro Family Cellars Chardonnay, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 15 minute
- 1 bag 10-12 oz. baby kale
- 1 medium orange, diced into ¼ - ½” pieces, rind on
- ½ small red onion, sliced into ¼” wedges
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 lemon, zest (alternatively peel lemon rind and finely chop)
- 1 lemon, juiced (approximately ¼ cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Jalapeño Olive Oil
- ¼ cup GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Sugar
- 2 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Sage Finishing Sea Salt
- Wash and dry baby kale. Place into a serving salad bowl.
- Add diced orange, onion wedges, pine nuts, and lemon zest to the baby kale and toss.
- Prepare dressing: In a blender add lemon juice, garlic, Jalapeño Olive Oil, Orange Olive Oil, Lavender Sugar, and Sage Finishing Sea Salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Toss salad with dressing.
This salad is an ideal accompaniment to pork – ribs, chops and roasts. The heat from the Jalapeño Olive Oil accents the sweetness of pork meat.
▼ Click here to download the recipe card