Kalamata Caper Relish
A versatile condiment bursting with flavor
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2016 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County is recommended with the crostini appetizer.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes REST TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted, patted dry, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. capers, rinsed, patted dry, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. green onion, tops only, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice or use juice of charred lemon
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Citrus Tellicherry Pepper Olive Oil (Foodie Exclusive)
- ¼ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Guava Finishing Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Citrus Tellicherry Pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Let sit 15 minutes at room temperature.
Serve Kalamata Caper Relish with salmon, tuna, other fish, scallops, shrimp, poultry, pork, beef, bruschetta, flatbreads, cooked vegetables such as carrots and corn on the cob, fresh mozzarella, goat cheese, etc. For a delicious quick appetizer, spread Kalamata Caper Relish on a crostini and top with a little feta or goat cheese.
- 1 jar 6-7 oz. Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 jar 4 oz. capers
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, Eureka or Meyer