A traditional French breakfast toast paired with wine; some believe wine invigorates the body. Try it, you decide!
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2016 Pietro Family Cellars Tusca Red Wine, Napa County (Super Tuscan style)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 40 minutes TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes
Candied Orange Slices: Yield 7-9 slices
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- 1 orange, sliced ¼” thick, seeds removed
- 4 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Infused Honey
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Tarragon Pink Peppercorn
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 loaf French Bread, cut (6) ½” thick slices 4-5” in length
- 6 slices ham, deli or black forest, cut ¼” thick
- 12 slices brie cheese, cut ¼” thick
- 6 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Infused Honey or GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Infused Honey, warmed
- 2 candied orange slices, quartered into 8 pieces
Prepare Candied Orange Slices
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Place parchment paper on baking sheet followed by a wire cooling rack. Lay orange slices on the rack in a single layer. Warm Lavender Infused Honey in microwave at 5 second intervals to just spreading consistency. Evenly spread on each side of the orange slices. Bake until crisp, about 40 minutes.
Prepare Jambon Beurre
- Mix in a small bowl the butter, Tarragon Pink Peppercorn, and Orange Finishing Sea Salt to create a compound butter.
- Spread 2 tsp. compound butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Fold or roll 1 slice of ham, place on top buttered side of bread slice followed by 2 slices of brie (your preference of rind intact or removed). Repeat with remaining bread slices.
Place Jambon Beurres on a serving platter or on individual plates. Top each with 2-3 tsp. warmed Orange Honey and 1 small piece of candied orange as a crunchy garnish.
- 1 orange
- 1 stick (4 oz.) unsalted butter
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 oz. deli ham, deli or black forest, cut ¼” thick
- 1 lb. brie cheese