Hot Sage Cider Tea
A chilly eve calls for relaxing and sipping on this aromatically, soothing caffeine-free tea
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Total Time : 20 Minutes
- 1½ cups water, distilled or purified
- ½ cup apple cider, unfiltered
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Infused Honey
- ½ lemon for 1 Tbsp. juice
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon or brandy, optional
- ½ lemon, cut into 2 round slices ½” thick, then halved
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Cabernet Sauvignon or GC Napa Valley Natural Sauvignon Blanc Sugar
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Blood Orange Olive Oil
- Bring water, apple cider and sage leaves to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat. Steep 10 minutes. Strain into a glass measuring cup. Return tea to saucepan. Reheat until hot. Add Orange Honey to your preference of sweetness and lemon juice to taste. Add optional bourbon or brandy.
- Prepare serving glasses: Mound sugar on a flat plate that is slightly larger than the diameter of the glasses. Moisten the rim of each glass by passing a folded lemon slice quickly around the rim, then press firmly into the sugar and twist.
Carefully pour the Sage Cider Tea into the center of the glasses; avoid hitting the sugared rim. Drizzle a float of ½ tsp. Blood Orange Olive Oil over the top.
- 1 liter water, distilled or purified
- ½ gallon apple cider, unfiltered
- 1 small bunch sage leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1 small bottle good quality bourbon or brandy, optional