HOT OFF THE GRILL! Wagyu Beef Burgers
Pink Peppercorn Rosemary Steak Rub and Jalapeño Olive Oil make this juicy burger a grand slam!
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Gabrielle Collection Vertex Red Cuvée Blend 621, North Coast
PREP TIME: 15 minutes REST TIME: 30 minutes COOK TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 55 minutes
Burger Special Sauce: Yield 1⅛ cups = 18 Tbsp.
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. dill pickle, deseeded, patted dry, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Kalamata olives, pitted, patted dry, minced
- ¾ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Pink Peppercorn Rosemary Steak Rub
- 6 hearty burger buns
- 4 Tbsp. or more if preferred, GC Napa Valley Natural Jalapeño Olive Oil
- 1 recipe Burger Special Sauce
- 6 slices heirloom tomato, ¼” thick
- 6 thick slices American cheese or your preference (1 oz. per burger)
- 6 large leaf lettuce leaves
Prepare Burger Special Sauce:
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Remove patties from refrigerator. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Pat dry with a paper towel. Season each side of burger with ½ tsp. Pink Peppercorn Rosemary Steak Rub, ¼ tsp. Marjoram Finishing Sea Salt and gently pat seasonings on meat with the back of a spoon. FOODIE TIP: Using your fingertips, make a ½” diameter indentation in the center of each burger. This prevents ‘burger puffing’ during cooking and ensures a flatter cooked burger. Let seasoned burgers sit 15 minutes before grilling. Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place indentation-side up on the grill. Allow a crust to form on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip burgers and cook until desired doneness. Approximate total grill time for Medium-rare is 7 minutes (130-135oF), Medium is 8 minutes (140-145oF), Medium-well is 9 minutes (150-155oF), and Well-done is 11 minutes (160-165oF). Note: The USDA recommends cooking ground beef to a safe internal temperature of 160oF. Remove burgers to a plate and let rest while the buns are grilled.
- Brush the inside of each bun half with 1-2 tsp. Jalapeño Olive Oil. Place 2 buns (4 halves) at a time on a cooler section of the grill with medium heat for about 30-45 seconds to toast and get grill marks. Watch very closely as the buns can burn quickly. Grill remaining buns.
Arrange burger toppings on a platter. Place grilled buns and burgers on separate plates. Allow guests to create their own burger.
Suggested burger assembly from bottom to top: Bottom bun with 1-1½ Tbsp. Burger Special Sauce, tomato, burger, cheese, lettuce, top bun with 1-1½ Tbsp. Burger Special Sauce.
- 1 jar 12 oz. mayonnaise
- 1 small bottle ketchup
- 1 small jar dill pickle spears
- 1 jar 6 oz. Kalamata olives, pitted
- 6 Wagyu beef patties or your ground beef preference, unseasoned, 8 oz. each
- GC Napa Valley Natural Marjoram Finishing Sea Salt
- 6 hearty burger buns
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- 8 oz. American cheese (6 thick slices) or your preference
- 1 leaf lettuce bunch
- GC Napa Valley Natural Pink Peppercorn Rosemary Steak Rub
- GC Napa Valley Natural Jalapeño Olive Oil