Guava Citrus Rimmed Pumpkin Wine Cocktail
A fun to make and drink cocktail for fall dinners with its festive foamy top
PREP TIME: 30 minutes CREATION TIME: 5 minutes TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
Fall Harvest Pumpkin Apple Honey Syrup Ingredients
- ¾ cup 2016 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County
- 1 cinnamon stick + ½ cinnamon stick (or 1½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup GC Napa Valley Natural Fall Harvest Honey
- ½ cup GC Napa Valley Natural Guava Sugar
- ¼ cup green apple, cut into ¼” cubes (Granny Smith or Pippen)
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Rim Seasoning: Guava Citrus
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder (cocktail accent)
- Optional garnish: 1 slice Fuyu persimmon, halved
- 3 Tbsp. (1½ oz.) Fall Harvest Pumpkin Apple Honey Syrup
- 1 pasteurized large egg white or 2-3 dashes Fee Brothers Fee Foam
- ½ lemon, need 1 Tbsp. (½ oz.) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Sauvignon Blanc, 5 medium sized ice cubes.
- 5 ice cubes, medium size
- Optional addition: ¼ cup (2 oz.) Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- Prepare Fall Harvest Pumpkin Apple Honey Syrup: In a medium saucepan bring Sauvignon Blanc and 1 cinnamon stick to just under a boil. Simmer 15 minutes to extract cinnamon flavor, then add Fall Harvest Honey (contains pumpkin puree), Guava Sugar, and apples. Simmer 10 minutes over medium heat. Strain into a glass storage container with a fresh ½ stick of cinnamon and let cool. Refrigerate left-over syrup for 2-3 weeks; use in future cocktails.
- Prepare cocktail glasses: Pour 1 Tbsp Guava Citrus Rim Seasoning on a flat plate. Rub a lemon wedge around rim of cocktail glass to moisten, then dip firmly into rim seasoning once or twice to coat. Set aside.
- Prepare Pumpkin Wine Cocktail: Place first 4 cocktail ingredients in a cocktail shaker without ice. (A cocktail shaker holds 12-18 ounces. Alternative: quart glass mason jar with lid). Wrap shaker in a kitchen towel. Shake ten shakes (dry shake) to whisk the egg white/Fee Foam into a thick froth. Note: Egg whites expand when shaken and the towel catches any escaping liquid. Add ice cubes, close shaker and shake ten shakes to cool down cocktail.
Strain equal parts of cocktail from shaker into prepared glasses; avoid hitting the rim seasoning. Be sure to shake out all foam from the ice. Top each cocktail with a pinch of cinnamon. Add optional garnish of ½ Fuyu persimmon slice on rim. Sip, savor and enjoy!
- 1 green apple, Granny Smith or Pippen
- 1 jar cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon
- 1 dozen pasteurized large eggs or 5 oz. bottle Fee Brothers Fee Foam
- 1 jar cinnamon powder
- Optional: 1 Fuyu persimmon
- Optional: 1 bottle Spiced Rum (Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum preferred)