Grand Marnier Glazed Bananas
with Tangerine Orange Honey Pecans, Citrus Sugar Whipped Cream
& Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Orange Olive Oil, Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt
A refreshing citrus and dramatic twist to the classic Bananas Foster dessert
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: 6-8 dessert portions, 8-10 small plates
PREP TIME: 5 minutes COOKING TIME: 8 minutes TOTAL TIME: 13 minutes
- 7 bananas, very firm, peels not bruised
- 2 oranges, zested then juiced (½ cup juice needed)
- ½ cup Grand Marnier (orange-scented cognac liquor)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Infused Honey
- 1 quart light vanilla bean ice cream or frozen non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 4 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. GC Napa Valley Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup GC Napa Valley Natural Tangerine Orange Honey Pecans, coarsely chopped
- Prepare ice cream scoops in advance and keep frozen until ready to use.
- Prepare Citrus Sugar Whipped Cream. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Peel bananas, cut in half lengthwise, then cut in 1” pieces.
- In a measuring cup mix orange juice, Grand Marnier and vanilla extract.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Orange Infused Honey, above citrus mixture and 1/8 tsp. Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt. Cook until mixture is syrupy and gently bubbling, 1-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bananas. Cook for 1-3 minutes just until bananas are heated through, basting frequently with the syrup (do not overcook as the bananas will turn mushy). Serve immediately.
Serve Grand Marnier Glazed Bananas topped with Tangerine Honey Pecans and Citrus Sugar Whipped Cream alongside a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Top ice cream with a drizzle of Orange Olive Oil, dusting of orange zest, and pinch of Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt.
See recipe: Citrus Sugar Whipped Cream▼ Click here to download the recipe card