Grand Marnier Glazed Bananas
with Tangerine Orange Honey Pecans, Citrus Sugar Whipped Cream
& Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Orange Olive Oil, Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt
A refreshing citrus and dramatic twist to the classic Bananas Foster dessert
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: 6-8 dessert portions, 8-10 small plates
PREP TIME: 5 minutes COOKING TIME: 8 minutes TOTAL TIME: 13 minutes
- 7 bananas, very firm, peels not bruised
- 2 oranges, zested then juiced (½ cup juice needed)
- ½ cup Grand Marnier (orange-scented cognac liquor)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Infused Honey
- 1 quart light vanilla bean ice cream or frozen non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 4 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. GC Napa Valley Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup GC Napa Valley Natural Tangerine Orange Honey Pecans, coarsely chopped
- Prepare ice cream scoops in advance and keep frozen until ready to use.
- Prepare Citrus Sugar Whipped Cream. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Peel bananas, cut in half lengthwise, then cut in 1” pieces.
- In a measuring cup mix orange juice, Grand Marnier and vanilla extract.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Orange Infused Honey, above citrus mixture and 1/8 tsp. Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt. Cook until mixture is syrupy and gently bubbling, 1-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bananas. Cook for 1-3 minutes just until bananas are heated through, basting frequently with the syrup (do not overcook as the bananas will turn mushy). Serve immediately.
▼ Click here to download the recipe card
Serve Grand Marnier Glazed Bananas topped with Tangerine Honey Pecans and Citrus Sugar Whipped Cream alongside a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Top ice cream with a drizzle of Orange Olive Oil, dusting of orange zest, and pinch of Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt.
See recipe: Citrus Sugar Whipped Cream