Garden Pasta Salad Roasted Chicken with GC Poultry Rub
- 1 package corkscrew pasta
- ¼ cup fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp GC Poultry Rub
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- Juice of ½ Meyer lemon
- 2 fresh corn on cob
- 1 fresh yellow bell pepper minced into ¼” pieces
- 1 fresh red bell pepper minced into ¼” pieces
- 12 fresh medium tomatoes minced into ¼” pieces
- 2 cups fresh tomato sauce
- 6 cloves garlic finely minced or put through garlic press.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup caramelized onions- for pasta
- ¾ cup caramelized onions- for tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp GC Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- Bring large pot to rolling boil and cook pasta al dente (firm). Remove from water immediately and put into large bowl.
- Put 2” water in medium pot and bring to rolling boil. Cook corn for 5 minutes and remove pasta from water. Let cool. Then cut off kennels and put into bowl with cooked pasta
- Chop 12 medium fresh tomatoes. Put into pan with ¾ cup carmelized onions & cook for 2 minutes.
- Put onions & tomatoes into blender or Cuisinart and puree
- Add Minced fresh peppers & tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, carmelized onions, minced rosemary, lemon zest, lemon juice, GC Poultry Rub, pine nuts, GC Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt, ground pepper
Mound pasta on large plate. You can add Roasted Chicken with GC Poultry Rub- chop into pieces and place around edge of pasta mound. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprig.