Gabrielle’s Elevated Mimosa
Accented with Guava Sugar Rim Sugar and a float of Grand Marnier
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Pietro Family Cellars Brut Sparkling
PREP TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
- 3 cups (24 oz) freshly squeezed orange juice, chilled
- ½ cup Grand Marnier (or Triple Sec) chilled is best
- 1 bottle 750 ml. Pietro Family Cellars Brut Sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 pouch GC Napa Valley Cocktail Rim Seasoning: Organic Guava Sugar
- 6-8 rose or marigold petals or full pansy flower
- Prepare champagne flutes: Mound Pomegranate Sugar on a flat plate or in a bowl that is a larger diameter than the serving glasses. Moisten the rim of each glass with an orange wedge, then dip firmly into the Guava Sugar once or twice. Set aside.
- To squeeze 12 oranges: Hand squeeze method: Roll oranges on a hard surface with the heel of your hand back and forth 3 times to break the membranes to release their juice. Cut each orange in half. Place each half into handheld squeezer. Squeeze into a small pitcher. It will go very fast. Or use an automatic juicer.
Important Note: Carefully pour into the center of the champagne flute to avoid hitting the sugared rim. Fill the flute half full with Pietro Family Cellars Brut Sparkling, then add fresh squeezed orange juice. Add 1 tablespoon of Grand Marnier as a top float.
Optional Accent: Float a flower blossom in each glass. Use toxic spray free rose or marigold petal or full pansy flower.
- 12 fresh medium oranges
- 1 bottle Pietro Family Cellars Brut Sparkling Wine
- 1 bottle Grand Marnier or Triple Sec (4 oz./118 ml. needed)
- 1 pouch GC Napa Valley Cocktail Rim Seasoning: Organic Guava Sugar *
- Optional: 8 rose or marigold petals or pansy flower