Gabrielle’s Citrus Salsa
A medley of citrusy flavors brightens up your taste buds!
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: 8 (yield 2 cups)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
- 2 tangerines or 1 naval orange, peeled, segmented and cut into ¼” pieces (¾ cup needed)
- 1 small white grapefruit, peeled, segmented and cut into ¼” pieces (¾ cup needed)
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into ¼”- ½” pieces (1½ cups needed)
- ½ lime, zested + 2 Tbsp. juice
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Infused Honey
- ¼ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lime Finishing Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Tellicherry Pepper
- To segment citrus fruits: Cut a little off the top and bottom of the fruit. Using even downward strokes following the curve of the fruit, cut away the skin and white pith from the fruit’s flesh. Remove any remaining white pith. While holding the fruit over a bowl to catch any juices, use a paring knife to carefully cut between a segment and the membrane; cut towards the center of the fruit stopping when the middle is reached. Using a gentle scooping motion with the knife, pry the segment away from the other membrane to release it. The side that is still attached to the membrane will peel away.
- Place fruit ingredients in a bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Add to the fruit, fold delicately and let sit for 15 minutes.
Spoon ¼ cup Citrus Salsa over each Rosemary Honey-Lime Chicken thigh.
Gabrielle’s Citrus Salsa makes an ideal accompaniment to fish and pork. The Citrus Salsa is a refreshing way to start the day: Mix 6 oz. plain Greek Yogurt with 1 Tbsp. Orange Infused Honey, top with Citrus Salsa, dollop of Citrus-Sugar Whipped Cream and GC Napa Valley Natural Tangerine Honey Pecans or slivered almonds.
▼ Click here to download the recipe card