Fresh Tomato BLT Bruschetta
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Gabrielle Collection Vertex Cuvée Red Wine Blend 621, North Coast
PREP TIME: 15 minutes COOK TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 6 slices thick-cut lean smoked bacon, cut into ½” pieces
- 6 slices sourdough or ciabatta bread, sliced ¼” thick on the diagonal
- 6 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Savory Proprietary Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, halved lengthwise
- ¾ cup arugula, washed and dried
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Basil Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Tuscan Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt, divided
- 6 basil leaves, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1½ cup coarsely diced tomatoes, blend of red cherry and yellow miniature pear tomatoes
- 1½ Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Cabernet Red Wine Vinegar
- 1½ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Culinary Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- 6 basil leaves, fresh, whole
- Put bacon into a medium fry pan. Cook over medium heat until lightly crisp. Remove bacon to a paper towel.
- Toast bread using a toaster, broiler or barbecue grill until lightly browned. If using a grill, cook until light grill marks form on the bread; this creates an attractive appearance and adds flavor.
- While toasted bread is still warm, brush one side of each slice with 1-2 tsp. Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then liberally rub the oiled side with the cut-side of garlic.
- Put arugula in a bowl. Toss with Basil Olive Oil and 1/8 tsp. Tuscan Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt.
- Drain excess juice from the diced tomatoes. Use this juice in a pasta sauce or Bloody Mary.
- Add cooked bacon and sliced basil to tomatoes. Toss with 3 Tbsp. Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Cabernet Red Wine Vinegar.
- Assemble bread slices: Evenly divide the arugula. Mound ¼ cup tomato mixture on each slice followed with a pinch of Tuscan Rosemary Sea Salt and pinch of Lavender Tellicherry Pepper. Garnish top with 1 whole basil leaf and drizzle of Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Basil Olive Oil.
Arrange the Fresh Tomato BLT Bruschetta slices on a platter. Serve immediately to preserve the crunch of the bread and to avoid it becoming soggy.
- Organic, farmers market, and garden grown products are preferred
- 1 pkg. 12 oz. thick-cut, lean smoked bacon
- 1 loaf sourdough or ciabatta bread
- 1 garlic bulb
- 5 oz. bag arugula
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 pint red heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow miniature pear tomatoes
- GC Napa Valley Natural Basil Olive Oil