Exotic Swordfish and Vegetable Skewers
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2014 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOKING TIME: 5 minutes TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes + 1 ½ hour rest/marinate time
- 1½-2 lbs. swordfish, cut into 1” pieces
- 12 wooden (pre-soak 30 minutes) or metal skewers
MARINADE: Yield 1 cup
- 6 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 large orange, 2 tsp. orange zest + 6 Tbsp. orange juice
- 4 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Jalapeño Olive Oil or Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Wild Fennel Finishing Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Olive Spice Blend
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Sage Green Peppercorn
- 1 ripe avocado + water as needed
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1” x 1” pieces
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1” thick rounds, then halved
- 1 medium red onion, quartered and separated into pieces
- Whisk marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Divide marinade in half. Use half as a marinade and to baste swordfish on grill. Use other half to make a dipping sauce: In a blender add marinade, ripe avocado and puree. Add water as needed.
- Brush marinade liberally on both sides of the swordfish and let marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Place vegetables in separate bowls, drizzle with the marinade to lightly coat.
- Preheat grill to medium to medium-high heat. Thread swordfish and vegetables onto skewers. Grill skewers 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with marinade and grill until desired doneness.
Place swordfish skewers on a platter with small bowl of dipping sauce.
- 1½-2 lbs. swordfish
- 1 bottle rice wine vinegar
- 1 bottle balsamic vinegar, quality brand
- 2 large oranges
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 medium red onion
- 12 wooden or metal skewers
- FROM PREVIOUS SHIPMENTS: GC Napa Valley Natural Jalapeno Olive Oil & GC Napa Valley Natural Wild Fennel Finishing Sea Salt