Homemade crostini are easy, fresh and versatile. Make up a batch with different finishing salts, store and have ready for many uses- dips spreads and pate, cheeses, to accent soups, the base for bruschetta.
- 1 ¼ cup GC Napa Valley Buttery or Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 loaves French or sourdough baguette
- 1 tbsp GC Napa Valley Tuscan Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp GC Napa Valley Wild Fennel Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp GC Napa Valley Orange Finishing Sea Salt
- Turn on broiler in oven.
- Slice a baguette into ¼ slices on the diagonal and put on baking sheet, tightly spaced.
- Brush or spray both sides with Buttery or Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Put baking tray into oven and broil one side until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and turn slices over. Return to oven and broil until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and finish crostini by diving into 5 batches. Season each batch with their respective Sea salt by sprinkling that finishing salt lightly over the top of one side of the crostini. Test how much salt you want to use- use sparingly as the food it will pair with is already salted.
- Leave one batch plain with only the Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Can be stored in airtight container in a cool place for 2-3 weeks. Use as needed to complement your favorite dip & spreads. Grill fresh veggies or chop fresh tomatoes and layer on your favorite salted or plain crostini to make a delicious bruschetta. Also, a very good snack!