Crab Stuffed Dumplings Drizzled with Warm Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Serve with Citrus Jalapeño Remoulade Sauce and Citrus-Avocado-Baby Arugula Salad
An elegant and delicious appetizer, lunch or light dinner
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2014 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 15 minutes COOK TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. celery, peeled, minced
- 2 tsp. GC Napa Valley Fish Rub Proprietary Blend
- ¾ tsp. + 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Lemon Finishing Sea Salt
- ½ lb. real crabmeat, patted dry, picked through for shells
- 24 wonton wraps
- 4 Tbsp. + more as needed GC Napa Valley Natural Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 green onions, white parts and green tops separated, finely sliced into rings
- 4 Tbsp. canola oil
- ⅓ cup + ⅓ cup water
- See Recipe: Citrus Jalapeño Remoulade Sauce
- See Recipe: Citrus-Avocado-Baby Arugula Salad Drizzled with Warm Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- Crab Filling: Stir together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, celery, Fish Rub, and Lemon Finishing Salt. Gently fold in crabmeat.
- Assemble Dumplings: Place 1 wonton sheet on a work surface and center 1-1½ Tbsp. crab mixture. Wet finger with water. Rub wonton edges up to the filling. Cover with another wonton sheet, pressing to seal and expel air. Pat down crab mixture mound to make flatter. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, cover with damp cloth. Repeat with remaining wontons. Using a 3” round cookie cutter, cut the square filled dumplings into rounds. Can use a drinking glass and cut with a paring knife.
- In a small pan on low heat, warm Meyer Lemon Olive Oil with white slices of the green onion.
- Cook Dumplings: Heat 1-2 Tbsp. canola oil in a 10” skillet (enough to cover bottom of pan) over medium-high heat. Working in batches, place 6 dumplings in a single layer. Cook 1½ minutes until bottoms are golden brown. Add 1/3 cup water, immediately cover pan with lid as it will splatter. After about 15 seconds, flip dumplings over (golden side up), cover pan and cook for 3 minutes. Remove lid, flip dumplings over (golden side down), cook until liquid has evaporated, and bottoms are golden and slightly crisp up, about 2½-3 minutes. Remove dumplings to a plate and keep warm. Cook remaining dumplings.
Appetizer: Place 2 Crab Stuffed Dumplings on each plate. Beside dumplings plate Citrus-Avocado-Baby Arugula Salad. Drizzle warm Meyer Lemon Olive Oil over dumplings and salad. Sprinkle salad with Lemon Finishing Sea Salt. Garnish dumplings with green onions and serve with small dollop of Citrus Jalapeño Remoulade Sauce.
Lunch or light dinner entrée: Increase Crab Stuffed Dumplings to 3 or 4 per serving and increase salad serving.
- 1 jar 8 oz. mayonnaise
- 1 jar 8 oz. Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch celery
- ½ lb. real crabmeat
- 1 pkg. wonton wraps
- 1 bunch green onions
- See ingredients for Citrus Jalapeño Remoulade Sauce
- See ingredients for Citrus-Avocado-Baby Arugula Salad Drizzled with Warm Meyer Lemon Olive Oil