Composed Salad of Watermelon, Feta and Farmer’s Market Greens with Citrus Dressing
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: 2014 Pietro Family Cellars My Angelina White Wine, Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 15 minutes COOKING TIME: 8 minutes TOTAL TIME: 23 minutes
- 1½ lbs. Farmer’s Market greens or 2 bags 10 oz. spring lettuce mix
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cups watermelon, ¾” bite-size cubes, seeds removed
- ½ cup raw pine nuts, unsalted
- ½ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Meyer Lemon Tellicherry Pepper
- 1 recipe of Citrus Salad Dressing (See recipe for ingredients.)
- Wash salad greens. Twice wash if from Farmer’s Market. Spin or towel dry greens.
- Peel shallots and thinly slice.
- Cut watermelon into ¾” bite-size cubes. Remove seeds.
- Toast pine nuts: Spread a layer in a dry, small frying pan and toast over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, shaking pan frequently, until nuts are delicately golden, with rich toasty aroma. Remove from pan to cool. Crumble the piece of Feta cheese.
- Make Citrus Salad Dressing: See recipe.
- Place individual portions of salad mix on salad plates. Arrange shallots, watermelon cubes, and Feta cheese over the salad, then drizzle with Citrus Salad Dressing. Sprinkle toasted pine nuts, Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt and Meyer Lemon Tellicherry Pepper on top.
Citrus Salad Dressing Recipe
TO SERVE: WITH SALMON AS A SUMMER MEAL
▼ Click here to download the recipe card