Charred Corn Salad with Grilled New Potatoes and Arugula
Fresh seasonal vegetables, lightly grilled to bring out the flavor essences. This salad is a crowd pleaser!
Wine Pairing: Pietro Family Cellars Chardonnay, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 30-40 Minutes (Can cook vegetables simultaneously if you are comfortable with multi-tasking on the grill)
- Heat the grill to medium high.
- Grill Vegetables: Place corn in husks directly on grill. Turn occasionally (every 5 minutes) for 20-25 minutes. Once tender to touch set aside. Leave in husks until ready to peel. Once corn has cooled pull back the husks and silk, stand corn vertically, tip facing down in a large shallow bowl or baking sheet. Use a sharp knife making long downward strokes, removing corn kernels from the cob until all kernels are removed.
- Wash new potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Slice in half, then coat with Buttery Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season with Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt and Lavender Infused Tellicherry Pepper. Place on upper level of grill or to the side (cooler area). Grill for 25 minutes until soft.
- Wash and dry red bell pepper, cut in half, remove seeds and stem. Brush with Buttery Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt and Lavender Infused Tellicherry Pepper then place on grill for 4-5 minutes, turning 2-3 times. Char but do not burn. Set aside.
- Peel red onion, cut in half then slice into long thin strips (julienne).
- Assemble salad: Add corn, potatoes, red onions, bell peppers and arugula to large mixing bowl. Add 3 Tbsp. Buttery Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice and 2 Tsp. Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt. Mix together.
Place salad into decorative salad bowl- pure white accents the ingredients or place on Barrel Stave platter along side of steaks for a dramatic presentation. Serve at room temperature.