Caramelized Onion, Fruit & Pecan Stuffing
This savory stuffing is studded with fresh and dried fruits and toasted pecans.
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Stuff a 12-16 lb. turkey or 2 chickens or 3 smaller fowl
PREP TIME: 30 minutes, TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, all-purpose
- 1 yellow onion large, diced ½”
- 1 cup celery, sliced into ¼” pieces
- 2 Bosc or Anjou pears, diced ½”
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth, organic low sodium
- 1 pouch 9 oz. GC Napa Valley Natural Dried Fruit & Pecan Stuffing Seasoning
- 1 package 12 oz. GC Napa Valley Herbed Croutons
- 1 loaf French Bread, optional if additional stuffing is needed
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Poultry Rub, for additional stuffing
- Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a large pan. Heat on medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté until soft and golden brown or about 8-10 minutes.
- Add celery and sauté together 5 minutes. Add pears, rosemary, chicken broth, Dried Fruit & Pecan Stuffing Seasoning and Herbed Croutons.
- NOTE: If more stuffing is needed for a larger turkey, add more bread cubes to the above mix. To prepare bread cubes: Cut French bread into ½” cubes, toast in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. Season with 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Poultry Rub, then add to stuffing mixture.
- Fill cavity with stuffing being careful not to overstuff. Stuffing expands during cooking. Close cavity with metal skewers or toothpicks by spearing through the skin of both sides of the cavity, merging them together. Repeat along the cavity opening until the cavity is closed.
- 1 yellow onion, large
- 1 bunch celery
- 2 Bosc or Anjou pears
- 1 bunch rosemary, fresh
- 1 box 32 fl. oz. chicken broth, organic low sodium
- 1 loaf French Bread, optional if more stuffing is needed