Basting turkey or other poultry with compound butter adds flavor layers,
an essential technique to produce the most tasteful dishes.
Recipe by: Gabrielle
PREP TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 stick butter (4 oz.), unsalted, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Poultry Rub Proprietary Blend (1.5 oz. pouch)
- Put softened butter in a small bowl. Add Poultry Rub and mix with fork until completely blended and becomes a herb compound butter.
- Rub the herb compound butter over the skin of the turkey or other poultry (chicken, guinea hen, pheasant, quail, duck), covering the skin completely.
- Roast according to your favorite method, basting with the herb butter every 20 minutes, until the done.
Use drippings from pan to make gravy or simply pour pan juices over sliced meat.
- 1 stick butter, unsalted (4 oz.)