Cabernet Salted Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
An elegant twist on a classical romantic dessert.
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Gabrielle Limited Cask 321 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa County, 2013
- 6 Oz. 67% Dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 Pint Strawberries, washed and dried
- 3 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Sea Salt
- Fill a medium sauce pan (if you have a double boiler, use it) with 3 inches of water and bring to a simmer.
- Add chocolate chunks to a heat proof bowl, place bowl over water and turn off heat to let chocolate melt.
- Stir until smooth (alternatively, melt the chocolate in a microwave at half power, for one minute, stir and then heat another minute or until melted.)
- Once chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from heat.
- Line sheet pan with wax paper or parchment.
- Hold strawberries by the stem, dip in to the chocolate, lift and let excess drip back in to the bowl.
- Set the chocolate dipped strawberries on wax paper and repeat.
- Sprinkle Cabernet Sea Salt over dipped strawberries before the chocolate hardens.
- Place in refrigerator to rest and harden.
Elegantly place on a white rectangular dish alternating stems for a pop in your presentation.