Cabernet Chocolate Truffles 3 Ways
Tangerine Pomegranate Sugar | Rosemary Marcona Almonds | Dark Chocolate Cacao Powder & Cabernet Sea Salt
Recipe by: Gabrielle
YIELD: 18-21 truffles
Wine Pairing: 2015 Gabrielle Limited Cask 321 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa County
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 5 minutes REST TIME: 2 hours 30 minutes TOTAL TIME: 2 hours 45 minutes
- ⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. 2015 Gabrielle Limited Cask 321 Cabernet Sauvignon
- ⅛ - ¼ tsp. + ½ tsp. GC Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Finishing Sea Salt
- 6 oz. GC Napa Valley 72% Dark Chocolate Chips, finely chopped *
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- 1 pair disposable gloves, included in shipment as our gift
- Mini fluted paper cups, included in shipment as our gift
- ¼ cup GC Napa Valley Natural Tangerine Pomegranate Rim Sugar (foodie exclusive)
- 2 oz. GC Napa Valley Rosemary Marcona Almonds (foodie exclusive)
- 1 Tbsp (.3 oz.) GC Napa Valley Rainforest Cacao Powder Unsweetened Dark Chocolate (foodie exclusive
- • Combine cream, vanilla, Cask 321 wine, and ⅛ - ¼ tsp. Cabernet Sauvignon Finishing Sea in a small saucepan. Bring to a gently simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat. Wait 1 minute then add chopped chocolate. Do not stir. Set aside for 4 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp. butter cut into 3 pieces. Stir gently until smooth. This mixture is called a ganache.
- • Transfer ganache to a small shallow flat dish or pie plate. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1½ hours or overnight.
- • Chop the Rosemary Marcona Almonds to about 1/8” pieces. Set aside.
- • Put each truffle coating into its own individual small shallow bowl: Tangerine Pomegranate Sugar, chopped Rosemary Marcona Almonds, and Rainforest Cacao Powder Unsweetened Dark Chocolate.
- • Remove ganache from refrigerator. Using a small melon-baller, portion 18-21 two-bite little mounds of ganache (about 2 teaspoons each) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- • Wearing disposable gloves, roll each ganache mound between your hands to form a ball, called a truffle.
- • After truffles are formed, roll in coatings of your preference. Sprinkle a little Cabernet Sea Salt over the Cacao Powdered coated truffles, approximately ½ tsp.
Place truffles on a decorative glass plate or in individual mini fluted paper cups. Serve at room temperature. Keep truffles refrigerated in an airtight container.
- ½ pint (8 fl. oz.) heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb. unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Parchment paper, 1 sheet